It is common sense to prepare for your birth – especially, if you live in a foreign country.
Giving birth in Denmark, is in many ways just like giving birth in any other country. But at the same time, the Danish birthing culture is not a true copy of the way births are handled in a lot of other countries.
Eg: Water births are completely normal in Denmark. Most women will not see a doctor during the birth, but only midwives.
So while your body works the same way, a lot of the system surrounding you may be different from what you know from another country.
Therefore, I offer to guide you through the stages of birth, as well as the Danish health care system. So, you become truly prepared for your birth in Denmark.
I will guide you and your partner through:
- The physical process of birth: The different stages, when to go to the hospital, what to do while still at home, etc.
- How do you optimize the birth: Mental and physical tricks to ease the birth process and the pain
- All the drugs: What types of pain-relief excist. The pharmacological as well as the natural possibilities.
- Interventions: When things do not go according to plan, induction, cesarian, ventouse – what is all this?
- Doula-Dad: What is the role of partner, what should he do – and when, and how do you become a strong team.
- Life with a baby: How do you know your baby is thrieving, how do you breastfeed, what is important in the first few weeks of life as a family.
During all this, I will answer your specific questions, so you will feel prepared to welcome your baby.
Why is it not a group session?
I want you to know and learn everything neccesarie for you to have a good birth experience. In my experience Non-Danish-speaking couples are simply not homogonous enough to fully benefit from a group session. You need a program tailored to you. If you are a French woman with a Danish spouse, you need something completly different from a Thai couple.
So, to put it simple: I only offer individual sessions, because I firmly believe it is best for you.
It is possible to book the class online, if you understand a little Danish.
Or you can just call me to make a booking: + 45 51 92 05 07.
It is only possible to make a booking in the evening or in a weekend by phone.
Duration: app. 4 hours
Place: The comfort of your own home
Price: 2500 kr.